What does it take to become a BBQ Pro? How can one person turn something that looks so simple into a profession that requires years of schooling and practice? There are many different careers available within the world of BBQing. Here are a few to consider:
– BBQ Chef. Many BBQ chefs can be found throughout the country. Some of the more popular ones are Texas BBQ Chef, Atlanta BBQ Chef and Cincinnati BBQ Chef. If you don’t know anyone in your area with a similar interest, you should join the Facebook page “BBQchef”. The page will provide you with recipes, restaurant reviews, photos and videos of local BBQ restaurants. This is a great way to get introduced to BBQ and meet others who share your love of this mouth watering food.
– BBQ Warming Racks. These heating racks are a must have for anyone serious about their BBQing. They make grilling food easy because the heat is controlled by the knob you place on the warming rack.
Many people with BBQing skills own one or two of these. One is placed over the barbell, the other over the side of the grill. Depending on your skill level, you can use either one or both. Having a piece of equipment that allows you to quickly and easily turn your food into a delicious meal makes life easier.
– Grill Grease Collector. Some BBQ pros like to collect all types of grease. Whether it’s from hot dogs brisket, or anything else, the human body doesn’t naturally clean itself of all the grease that it comes in contact with. For this reason there is always going to be a little bit of grease here and there. What you can do is build your own grease collector. A simple charcoal grill, an old food processor, or any other tool you have lying around will do the trick.
– Grill Cover. If you are looking to become a pro at BBQing then you need to own a grill cover. Not only does a cover to protect the food, but it also adds an element of surprise and enjoyment. No food is ever completely seasoned the way you think it should be. A good BBQ cookbook or two will go a long way in helping you understand what makes the perfect grilled food.
– Natural Gas Grills. Many BBQers prefer using natural gas grills. While this is by no means a “pro” of any kind, some feel that natural gas grills allow them to better control the amount of time that they cook the food. They don’t foul as much, and cooking a meal with natural gas is a great way to bond with the family. There is also an added benefit in that there is an economy of scale that comes with using natural gas.
-9. Grilled scallops. This is perhaps my favorite grilling technique. I love shrimp grilled scallops, and people often ask me how I learned to grill scallops. It was actually quite easy, and it became quickly a favorite in my repertoire.
Some people might question the healthiness of barbecue when using propane, or charcoal. While it’s true that using charcoal can release lots of smoke into the air, the health benefits of grilled food far out way the cons of charcoal. The same can be said for propane grills. Propane is relatively clean burning, and you won’t release any harmful pollutants into the air like you would with other fuels.
-BBQ Warming Racks. I’m sure all barbecue enthusiasts have at least one propane heater. While there are excellent commercial models available, many people simply don’t have the space, or desire the heat, required to get truly great BBQ. For this reason, many people are turning to small battery operated, easy to use warming racks.
These little devices are designed to give you easy access to your food without the mess and fuss of charcoal, but with a lot more power to cook up a good meal. Most warming racks will include instructions, which should be followed carefully to get the most out of your purchase. One of the best things about these little cookers is that they can actually cook several different dishes at once, so if you’re grilling burgers, you can make a steak, a vegetable, and even a dessert while your food is heating up.
There you have it; three excellent suggestions to help you become more efficient in the kitchen. Now all you have to do is go search the internet and read the various reviews for the different brands of grill you’re considering. The pros of these products should prove to be quite valuable insights for anyone who is considering purchasing one. Don’t forget to check out the pros of Charbroil gas grills as well; they also offer some very nice products.